Description: Love stranded knitting? Love top-down sweaters? Combine your loves into a beautifully designed garment, made just for you! Learn the ins and outs of designing a yoke-based garment including mastering the steps from gauge to measurements to stitch and row counts. Plus, learn how to graph out your very own colorwork design!
Instructor: Rachel Barish, LA-based knitwear and pattern designer and founder of Born & Raised Knits. https://bornandraisedknits.com/
Date: Saturday, January 11th from 9:00am - 2:00pm
Course fee: $100 for five hours of instruction.
- At least two contrasting colors of yarn to the class (or preferably purchase yarn during the class)
- Correspondingly sized needles in 16 and 24-32" circulars
- Calculator or phone with a calculator function
- Measuring tape (cloth/soft or bendable)
- Pencils and pens
- Graph Paper (included with class materials)
- Design and concept behind yoke based designs
- Differences between circular top-down, bottom-up and raglan yoke designs
- How to grade your top-down yoke garment to be size inclusive
- How to set up your top-down yoke garment
- How to calculate stitch counts
- How to work increases into charts + designing charts for the yoke
- How to incorporate colorwork into your yoke design
Recommended for: Intermediate/Advanced knitters
Please note this workshop is for adults only (ages 13 and up).
We do require a 72-hour advance notice for cancellations. No refunds, partial or full, will be given for cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event.