Learn to weave a whisper thin scarf or shawl using your rigid heddle loom and fine mohair yarn. elle Warren will teach you her tips and tricks for weaving with beautiful mohair yarn alone or combined with another yarn in this 3 hour workshop designed for anyone with some previous experience weaving on a rigid heddle loom. Students currently enrolled in the Beginning Weaving Class in October will already know enough to attend this workshop as well.
Instructor: elle Warren
Dates: Sunday, October 21, 2:00PM - 5:00PM
Course Fee: $45 for 3 hours of instruction.
What To Bring:
- Bring your unwarped rigid heddle loom and all accessories that came in the box (any rigid heddle loom is okay, not just the Cricket)
- Brown paper for packing, cut the full width of the loom. You will need double the amount usually used, as you will be packing both the front and back beams.
- Wide toothed comb and a metal fork
- 5 - 10 Paper towels for waste packing
- Approx 600 yds total for a full warp on a 15” wide loom (contact elle at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in calculating yarn amounts for other widths)
Please note this workshop is for adults only (ages 13 and up).