Class Description: Have you wanted to knit a colorwork cardigan, but the thought of cutting into your knitting makes you break out in a cold sweat? Learn about why you might want to use a steek in your knitting and how to do it - all on small easy swatches!
Class Date: Saturday, May 16th from 10-12pm
Course Fee: $30 for 2 hours of instruction, plus $5 materials fee to be paid to your instructor.
Bring to class:
- Felting Needle Tool and Mat
- Optional - 6" x 6" swatch(es) made with yarn that you might want to steek
- Crochet hook that matches yarn
Each student will be given a swatch, ready for steeking, along with yarn to knit a buttonband onto the swatch
- Understanding how different fibers and knitted fabrics can - or cannot - be steeked
- Techniques for reinforcing your knitting before cutting a steek.
- Picking up stitches for buttonbands
Recommended for: Beginner and Above