Come learn to make an epic raglan cardigan. A very simple stitch, an infinite number of combinations. In this class you will learn:
Chevron Stitch (with increases and decreases)
Kitchener Stitch (seamless!) buttonholes
How to bury your threads as you go
The basics of measuring, designing, and knitting a sweater that fits
Dates and Times:
Class A: Sundays 2-4 PM, January 22, Feb 5, Feb 18, Mar 5
Class B: Tuesdays 10-12, January 17, Jan 31, Feb 14, Feb 28
10% off all materials for the class purchased at The Knitting Tree, LA
You will need:
- Worsted-weight yarn. The sweater in the picture took 16 skeins (16 colors), and about 1150 g (40 oz) of yarn / 2700 yards.
- Size 8, 32-inch circular needles (two pairs)
- 6 - 11 buttons (1.5 inch)
- A sample swatch of your yarn on size 8 needles of 20 stitches X 20 rows
- We will take measurements together on the first day of class. If you are making the sweater for someone else, the instructor will reach out via email with instructions before the first day of class.
For a full-length sweater you will need approximately 16 skeins
For a hip-length sweater you will need approximately 10 skeins
Class Policies PLEASE READ!
We do require a 72-hour advance notice for cancellations to receive credit for another class. No credit, partial or full, will be given for cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event. This class is for adults, no children under 13 please.