Class Description: This lighter than air beaded lace cowl (actually a snood) works up quickly, is somewhat forgiving of mistakes and makes a beautiful gift.
- Sunday, November 3, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Optional: November 10th, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Sunday, November 17th, 11:00 - 12:00 pm
Instructor: Melissa R
Course Fee: $60 for 4 hours of instruction (plus an optional 1 hour check-in).
- Yarn: 240 yards Mohair/Silk or Mohair/Nylon blend
- 16" US 8 circular needle
- 350 quantity 6/0 or 4mm beads to complement your yarn.
- PLUS 150 beads if you want to do the beaded picot cast-off
- Medium (E,F or G) crochet hook for cast on
- 0.9 mm crochet hook for beading.
- Waste yarn, smooth fingerweight, appx 10 yards
Notions: Small scissors, pencil, highlighter tape
Pattern: Ice Queen (free on Ravlery). Print pattern and bring to class.
Techniques covered: Reading a charted pattern, crocheted provisional cast-on, yo, ssk, k2tog, putting in and using life lines, applying beads using a crochet hook, picking up stitches from a provisional cast-on, beaded picot cast off, and lace blocking techniques. This class will teach you how to knit from charts and recognize the lace pattern within your knitting.
Recommended for: Intermediate (You should be comfortable with knit and purl stitches, casting off, and reading your stitches.)