Description: Tunisian Crochet can be described as a cross between crochet and knitting. It uses an elongated crochet hook with a stopper at the end. Students will learn how to get started, the forward & reverse concept, and a standard bind off. This class will focus on completing one spa cloth. At the end of the class series, students will be familiar with reading Tunisian Crochet patterns and gain proficiency in basic stitches.
Instructor: Lenora S.
- Saturday, August 25th, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Saturday, September 1st, 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Course Fee: $45 for three hours of instruction
- Yarn: 60 – 70 yards of worsted or aran yarn in a cotton or cotton/linen blend
- Needles: Tunisian Hook size J 6.0 mm
- Supplies: One locking stitch marker
- Pattern: All patterns will be provided in class
Class is Two Sessions:
- Session 1 is an introduction to Tunisian Crochet and covers cast on, three stitches, standard return pass, and chained edges. (2 hours)
- Session 2 covers binding off and blocking. (1 hour)
Students must complete homework between sessions.
Techniques covered: Cast On, Bind Off, Tunisian Simple Stitch, Tunisian Knit Stitch, Tunisian Reverse Stitch, and Standard Return Pass.
Please note this workshop is for adults only (ages 13 and up).