Description: Love the look of knitwear fashions straight off the runway? Looking for a way to dress up those knitting projects? Want to master a new skill that you can incorporate into knitting, crochet AND sewing projects? Using the JK Shawl pattern as our guide , we'll cover everything from french knots to stitch duplication and everything in between.
Instructor: Rachel Barish, LA- based knitwear and pattern designer and founder of Born & Raised Knits. https://bornandraisedknits.com/
Date: Saturday, July 20th from 10:00am - 1:00pm
Course fee: $60 for three hours of instruction.
- Three swatches, each a minimum of 4x4 inch in stockinette and/or finished projects that you want to embroider on
- Crochet hook (size appropriate for your swatches), scissors
- Scrap yarn in at least 3 different colors, feel free to bring in as many colors as you want!
- Darning needles in various sizes (must coincide with weights of scrap yarn)
- Printed copy of JK Shawl for stitch instructions will be provided at the class
Techniques Covered: Embroidery on knitwear
Recommended for: Beginning Embroidery
Please note this workshop is for adults only (ages 13 and up).
We do require a 72-hour advance notice for cancellations. No refunds, partial or full, will be given for cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event.