Description: Take the first steps in your brioche journey with this beginner’s class for a super cozy cowl! This class will cover all the basic techniques, terminology, and pattern abbreviations you’ll need to complete your first brioche project. It’s easier than you think! Get ready to learn a timeless skill that will last a lifetime!.
Come with an open mind, an open heart, and the patience of a Tibetan monk.
Instructor: Freddy Mendoza
- Saturdays, January 28th, February 4th and 11th 10am-12pm
Course fee: $120 for six hours of instruction.
- TWO contrasting bulky yarns, more needed if you would like a “tall cowl”
- US 10.5 20” or 24” circular needles
- One smaller needle US 8-10
- 1 stitch marker
- Pattern will be made available in class.
- Final class will show how to brioche flat, so bring two additional yarns, bulky preferred. Can be scrap yarn as long as you have enough to knit a flat piece.
- A 24” needle for your flat sample piece for final class
Recommended for: Advanced Beginner (You should be comfortable with knit, purl, and slip stitches, yarn overs, long tail cast-on, and binding off).
NOTE: This class is a prerequisite for Intermediate Brioche.
Class Policies PLEASE READ!
We do require a 72-hour advance notice for cancellations to receive credit for another class. No credit, partial or full, will be given for cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event. This class is for adults, no children under 13 please.